XMC4500 Tip of the day: Ethernet core features

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi all,

This is a summary of the core features of the XMC Ethernet modules.

- Supports 10/100-Mbit/s data transfer rates with IEEE 802.3-compliant RMII/MII PHY interfaces to communicate with an external Fast Ethernet PHY
- Support Ethernet frame time stamping as described in IEEE 1588-2008.
- Supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tag detection for reception frames
- Supports both Full-duplex (IEEE 802.3x flow control & Pause frames) and Half-duplex (CSMA/CD & Back pressure) operation with 32 bit status update for transmission and reception packets
- Programmable Frame length to support Standard or Jumbo Ethernet frames with sizes up to 16 KB
- Automatic Preamble (PRE) and start-of-frame data (SFD) insertion in Transmit, and deletion in Receive paths
- Automatic CRC and Pad generation controllable on a per-frame basis
- Programmable Inter Frame Gap (40-96 bit times in steps of 😎
- Supports a variety of Address Filtering modes
- Complete network statistics with RMON/MIB Counters
- PHY device configuration with MDIO Master Interface.
- Detection of LAN wake-up frames and AMD Magic Packet frames
- Enhanced Receive module for checking IPv4 header checksum and TCP, UDP, or ICMP checksum encapsulated in IPv4 or IPv6 datagrams.
0 Likes
3 Replies
User7372
Level 2
Level 2
Hi Travis,

some days ago, I shared my experience of using a custom, per-chip-different MAC address with the LWIP stack ( http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/977-lwip-set-the-MAC-address-in-the-code )
Do you know if (and how) it is possible to use a MAC address set from software (rather than a #define from the Dave CE settings pane), so that I can use the same software on multiple nodes, but do not need to manually flash a different MAC address for each node?
I mean, without modifying the files generated by Dave (and risk loosing the changes if I hit the solve/generate buttons again).

Cheers, Benjamin
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi Benjamin.st,

I had responsed to your above mentioned thread, pls feel free to check it out.

( http://www.infineonforums.com/thread...ss-in-the-code )

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes