infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: linux tools?

Svein is on a distinguished road

linux tools?

Hi, wondering if there are linux tools available (sdcc, fload etc.)?

putyn is on a distinguished road
    sdcc its available for linux as for fload or any other program that could write the hex on the mcu im not aware, i know kamikaze (a user here) he used linux to develop his libraries for xc878 but he used a virtual box to run fload

New Member New Member kamikaze will become famous soon enough kamikaze's Avatar
    Actually the SDCC version provided by Infineon is seriously dated. I wouldn't use it, even on Windows. http://sdcc.sf.net

I'm using VirtualBox to flash devices with code compiled on FreeBSD. The protocol is public (you can find it in the Infineon docs somewhere) and I'd love to make an implementation under MIT/BSD license. It's just not a priority right now.
    [ kamikaze@bsdforen.de - XC878 libraries (GitHub) - XC878 ECU project stub (GitHub) - High Speed Karlsruhe ]
    - - - -
    Primary platform: XC878CM-16FFA
    Custom library: ~10k lines of code, ~300 pages of documentation

@svein, @putyn Would you be willing to test if I developed a flash tool?
    [ kamikaze@bsdforen.de - XC878 libraries (GitHub) - XC878 ECU project stub (GitHub) - High Speed Karlsruhe ]
    - - - -

Svein is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    Certainly!

As for SDCC, I think Infineon just adds support for their chips and then release a windows .exe? It would be great if they could provide patches to the main project instead.

If you use upstream SDCC, use a 3.2.1 or later (I'm on the 3.3 branch, now) where bug 2045 is fixed:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/sdcc/bugs/2045

Apart from that you're fine with the parameters: "-mmcs51 -xram-loc 0xF000 --xram-size 3072" for the XC878. You also need the Dave generated header files.
    - - - -

putyn is on a distinguished road
    hey, after i finished my dissertation i have stopped using the xc878 but when you release your application i will take a look

dries007 is on a distinguished road
    Actually the SDCC version provided by Infineon is seriously dated. I wouldn't use it, even on Windows. http://sdcc.sf.net

I'm using VirtualBox to flash devices with code compiled on FreeBSD. The protocol is public (you can find it in the Infineon docs somewhere) and I'd love to make an implementation under MIT/BSD license. It's just not a priority right now.
    I would like you write a replacement under BSD, but I can't seem to find documentation.
    Some help in finding the protocol specs would be greatly appreciated!

The target is both windows and linux, but windows will most likely come first. (My primary system is a windows box)

New Member New Member spth will become famous soon enough
    Any news on the flash tool?

Philipp

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.