[XMC4500][Relax Kit Lite][Failed to connect target]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I have problem with connecting my Relax Kit Lite and I count on your help.
I have enjoyed Relax Kit board(XMC4500) for some time. Recently I had to attach gold-pins into my board. Afterwards I programmed a chip with blinking led program using freeRTOS and then the problems appeared. After last chip flashing I can not program it anymore. After launching debugger I am getting message:
Loading failed: A problem occurred during downloading: memory at 0x0 was written to successfully, but the value read back does not match.
After launching JLink.exe I am getting message:

SEGGER J-Link Commander V4.72a ('?' for help)
Compiled Jun 26 2013 11:49:35
DLL version V4.72a, compiled Jun 26 2013 11:49:14
Firmware: J-Link Lite-XMC4000 Rev.1 compiled Dec 7 2012 19:23:07
Hardware: V1.00
S/N: 551000668
VTarget = 3.300V
Info: Found SWD-DP with ID 0x2BA01477
Info: TPIU fitted.
Info: ETM fitted.
Info: FPUnit: 6 code (BP) slots and 2 literal slots
Info: Found Cortex-M4 r0p1, Little endian.
Found 1 JTAG device, Total IRLen = 4:
Cortex-M4 identified.
JTAG speed: 100 kHz
J-Link>

so I assume connecting target is successful.
After launching JFlashArm I can connect the target, read back entire chip and check CRC for entire chip. That is what I get in log:

Connecting ...
- Connecting via USB to J-Link device 0
- J-Link firmware: V1.20 (J-Link Lite-XMC4000 Rev.1 compiled Dec 7 2012 19:23:07)
- JTAG speed: 1539 kHz (Fixed)
- Initializing CPU core (Init sequence) ...
- Initialized successfully
- JTAG speed: 1539 kHz (Fixed)
- Connected successfully
Reading entire flash chip ...
- 12 sectors, 1 range, 0xC000000 - 0xC0FFFFF
- RAM tested O.K.
- Target memory read successfully. (1048576 bytes, 1 range) - Completed after 9.881 sec
Verifying CRC of entire chip ...
- 12 sectors, 1 range, 0xC000000 - 0xC0FFFFF
- RAM tested O.K.
- CRC of entire chip verified successfully (CRC = 0xE2AA5D83) - Completed after 0.928 sec

When I connect the target and force to "Start Application" I am getting message:
 - Connecting via USB to J-Link device 0
- ERROR: Could not start CPU core. (ErrorCode: -2)

Of course I checked hardware and there is no broken paths.The question is how can I check whether my chip is broken, or it's just a problem with software?Any advices?
Regards,
Bartosz
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, have you been able to recover from it? I've not been able to use by Relax kit for many months now and can find no solution on the internet.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
TimCurtis wrote:
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, have you been able to recover from it? I've not been able to use by Relax kit for many months now and can find no solution on the internet.

I have enjoyed Relax Kit board(XMC4500) for some time. Recently I had to attach gold-pins into my board.

Can you remove the gold pins etc. to see if connection is ok? Do you have a spare XMC4500 relax kit?
0 Likes