PWMSP002 [1.0.24]. 'CCU8 Resolution' and 'PWM Frequency' are highlighted in red

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I have added 1 instance of PWMSP002 [1.0.24] to my project but I am unable to set the 'CCU8 Resolution' and 'PWM Frequency' to 3.333uS and 1KHz respectively.

The attached screen shot shows the 2 fields highlighted in red. The strange thing is that the 'tip' dialog states the frequency value should be in the range 0x-1 (Dec : 0) and 0x1 (Dec : 1).

I have been able to use PWMSP002 [1.0.24] in an empty project without problem.

I would very much appreciate any help on this.

Best regards
Aaron
203.attach
0 Likes
9 Replies
Not applicable
Just noticed the 'Clock Frequency' in the 'CCU8GLOBAL/0' [1.0.12 ] App is set to -1.

204.attach

This field is not editable so I don't know how it has been set to -1. In my other project that works the 'Clock Frequency' is correctly set to 120 MHz

I have tried deleting and re-adding the PWMSP002 App but still get the problem.

Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Here is a screen shot of the project that works...

205.attach

I think the problem is caused by the use of different versions of child Apps ('CLK001' and 'RESET001') between the 2 projects.

The simple working project shown above pulls in the latest versions of 'CLK001' [1.0.32 ] and 'RESET001' [1.0.10 ].

The project that doesn't work already had instances of 'CLK001' [1.0.8 ] and 'RESET001' [1.0.0]. They did not get updated when I added 'PWMSP002' and probably aren't compatible.

If this is the case it is a big problem as it means the block diagram will have to be completely re-drawn from scratch and each App configured.

Is there a solution / workaround to this ?

All help much appreciated.
Aaron

[
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

The migration functionality for Apps and products (within same series) is expected to be available in Aug time frame. So for this time being, I do recommend manual migration.

Appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you Sophia,

I am going to ensure I have the latest DAVE Apps installed then create a new project and build my block diagram and code one App at a time and test at each stage. I think this will solve all of the problems I have experienced. The good thing is I have probably learn't a lot more about DAVE because of the problems.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

i have the same Problem with the App, when adding it to a completly empty project. I'm only allowed to put in the values 20 nsec and 1500 Hz.
When changing the caluclated values in the conf file everything works fine. What can I do, so that I can enter other values in the GUI dialog?

Kind regards
Hans
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

same Problem is true for the PWMSP001 App.

Kind regards
Hans
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi hhh,

I have seen this problem when the CLK001 App clock frequency gets corrupted (even though it shows as OK on it's configuration tab. e.g. 120MHz). Work around is to change the CLK001 App clock frequency to another value (e.g. 90MHz) then change it back to the required frequency (e.g. 120MHz). Then you should be able to configure the PWMSP002 App.

Hope that works for you

Best regards

Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

thank you! It worked.

Kind regards
Hans
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

Thank you very much for the sharing, Aaron.
Meanwhile, these info can be found in eTicket 12851218.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes