Team working on DAVE project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User6412
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Infineon,

is it possible to use some versioning system (like SVN or CVS) over the DAVE project? Which directories and files should be shared between the team members over the SVN? How to solve the conflicts when they occures inside, for example, a model files (huge xml files with undocumented entries for us)?
0 Likes
13 Replies
Not applicable
I am also very interested in this subject. I am currently using svn with my DAVE project but it is not clear which folders and files need to be controlled by svn so at the moment I am controlling all folders and files. However I would normally only include source type files, not compiler output files.

A diagram of DAVE's folder / file structure could help us understand.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi both,

Yes, DAVE CE supports versioning system. You can find this info in "DAVE3_Release_Notes_v3_1_6_Plugin_Update_2013_06_28" from DAVE Support Portal (http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/DAVE_3_Support_Portal/Release_Note_Update.h...).

The SVN tutorial is available (http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/produ..._tutorial.html).

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Could you double the SVN tutorial link please, it didn't work for me.

Thank you very much.
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
User6412
Level 4
Level 4
Subversive is not working for me - the latest version of Subversive has some problems with our SVN Server (version 1.7). But I found the Subclipse - it works in the same way as Subversive and can be easy integrated in Dave.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

I am currently using svn with my DAVE project but it is not clear which folders and files need to be controlled by svn, so at the moment I am controlling all folders and files. However I would normally only include source type files, not compiler output files.

I suspect the Debug and Release folders do not need to be added to svn.

A diagram of DAVE's folder / file structure could help us understand the essential folders / files that must be added to svn in order to re-create the project in the future.

Thank you
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

I have now answered my own question. I added all project files and folders except the Debug and Released folder to svn, check the project back out to a different workspace and the project built correctly.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
I forgot to mention I am accessing svn via the Tortoise Windows Explorer interface as I am familiar with it's tools. I have not installed the DAVE svn interface.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Would you please provide some guidance on checking out specific app instances for editing?
For example, developer 1 is working on ADC management for the target and developer 2 is working on GPIO management it would be best for only the apps that specific apps being edited are checked out.
I understand that pin mappings, signal connections, and resource assignment need to be common .
Having both people editing the entire project when only working on a few application instances places a high burden on the developer when checking files back in.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Doug,

Our colleague will look into it and get back to you at a later time.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi everybody,
Thanks for you info here about SVN repositories and DAVE -
I still have problems with generating a functional working copy out of a Tortoise SVN repository. The official way to import a DAVE 4 project into the work space is to go through --- (project) right klick menu -> import... -> Infineon -> DAVE Project ----. However this way does not allow to have the project
files already in the DAVE work space it always creates a copy in the work space. Committing changes is than obviously not possible since the DAVE work space copy is not the SVN working copy any more. I tried to go through --- (project) right klick menu -> import... -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace ----
which worked, but after a while the DAVE 4 solver got corrupted. Plus I have read that it is strongly recommended to import DAVE projects only through the appropriate DAVE import functionality.

Does anybody have a good working procedure for this problem?

Many thanks!
Christoph
0 Likes
Andi_H
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hey Christoph,

did you try Import-->Team-->SVN Project...?

Best regards
Andi
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Andi_H
thanks for the hint. Unfortunately it did not work. Gave me the error " file from given URL cannot be loaded". I assume this only works if one has installed the SVN inside eclipse.
I thought about using Tortoise SVN - so controlling the SVN only from the file explorer.
0 Likes