DPS422 reference value for raw temperature and pressure measurement

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17729
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
I'm using the DPS422 via i2C but not getting the correct temperature und pressure.
Maybe I'm calculating wrong, but I can't find anything wrong in my code.
Are there any reference values for the raw data that is send from the sensor?
My raw pressure value is 0xFDDCE6 and the temperature value is 0x016932.
The reason I'm asking is, because I think the pressure value is pretty high for room conditions.

Thank you for your help.
0 Likes
4 Replies
User19803
Level 1
Level 1
First like received
Hi Iudw

I assume the reason your not getting any help is because calculation of the pressure depends on the settings you've made too. If you check the datasheet on page 16 (5.1.1) you see, that you have to apply Oversampling Rate kP.

What settings are you using?

Kind regards
jackjen
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted Welcome!

The DPS422 Pressure Shield2Go is a standalone break out board with Infineon's Shield2Go formfactor and pin out. You can connect it easily to any microcontroller of your choice which is Arduino compatible and has 3.3 V logic level (please note that the Arduino UNO has 5 V logic level and cannot be used without level shifting). Please consult the wiki  for additional details about the board.

Each sensor can only work either SPI or I2C. To convert from SPI to I2C, for example, you have to re-solder the resistors on the Shield2Go. Please take care that every Shield2Go for the DPS422 is shipped as I2C configuration right now.

•  to the wiki with more information

However, every Shield2Go is directly compatible with Infineon's XMC2Go and the recommended quick start is to use an XMC2Go for evaluation. Therefore, please install (if not already done) also the implementation and choose afterwards XMC1100 XMC2Go from the Tools>Board menu in the Arduino IDE if working with this evaluation board. To use it, please plug the DPS422 Pressure Shield2Go onto the XMC2Go as shown below.

hdobox
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

Since the pressure calculation depends on the settings you've chosen, I presume that's why you're not getting any assistance. If you look at the datasheet, you can see on page 16 (5.1.1) that you must use the Oversampling Rate kP.

By HDO Box app

0 Likes
hdoboxapp
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

How I enjoy entertainment has entirely transformed thanks to the HDO BOX app. The vast number of films and television shows that were available to me as a movie enthusiast amazed me. Whether I want to see the most current or the oldest films, I never run out of options. Even more impressive is the amazing resolution. Watching HD or 4K movies on my smart TV or smartphone is a comparable feeling to going straight to the theater in my living room. The HDO BOX app is now my go-to platform for all of my entertainment needs.

https://hdobox.link/hdo-box-app-for-android.html

0 Likes