Updating existing Apps within a project the latest version

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Is there a way to apps that have been created within a project to the latest version that exists within the library?
I am using the XMC4504-F144x512 AB stepping.

Also is there a way to change an existing project from AA stepping to AB stepping within DAVE3?
I have currently done this by changing references to XMC4504-F144x512 to XMC4504-F144x512-AB in the .cproject file

Thanks
-Doug
0 Likes
8 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Doug,

For the Apps migration, so far I know there is a hidden migration function which allows to migrate 2 to 3 version older than the target version as per previous post (http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/359-Updating-an-existing-project-to-use-the-latest-application...).
For the MCU migration, as i know it was planned but not supported yet as per previous post (http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/360-DAVE-3-Example-Project-not-Working-with-XMC4500-Relax-Kit).

Are you able to make it working by just changing the "Target Name" in .cproject file? I'm really in doubt...

Best regards,
Zain
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for the links Zain,

The search feature of the forum did not find these posts when entering key words related to them.
Also, when a post switches topic there is no ability to enter keywords to make the change of topic searchable.

Regards,
Doug
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
By around mid of August this year we plan to release an update of DAVE where we plan to include a migration functionality that allows the following migration options:
* Older version of DAVE Apps to the latest version of DAVE Apps (latest version in the library store)
* Migration to a different step of the same device
* Migration to a different device in the same series

The hidden functionality described above provides a migration option from older to newer version of DAVE Apps, but it doesn’t cover all cases and could lead to problems in the configuration UI therefore it is hidden and marked as not fully tested functionality.

We will check with the hosting company of the forum why the search function doesn’t seem to work properly.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Georg,

I have been developing my code on the Hexagaon kit which has the 144 pin xmc4500 Step AA. My real target hardware uses the 100 pin xmc4500 Step AB.

Could you suggest the best method for manually migrating my code please. My biggest concern is the 'S/W App Connectivity View', will I have to re-create the whole structure and configure each App again ?

Unfortunately mid August is too late for me to wait for the automatic migration upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

Since you are concerning the configuration of the Apps, you may try to use the workaround (open 2 copies of DAVE) suggested by another user (http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/694-Mapping-pins-to-applications).

Best regards,
Zain
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for the link Zain. I'll look into it.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
I think the best way to manually migrate the project to a different device is to open the original project on a separate PC or a 2nd instance of DAVE on the same PC (separate workspace) with two monitors. Create a new project with the new target MCU and after adding all required DAVE Apps in the new project move from GUI to GUI and make sure that the new project has the same settings as the original project. This includes also the signal connection (make sure that you don’t mess up different instances of the same DAVE App, the user label could help to differentiate). Manual Pin assignment might be different as you move from a 144 pin to a 100 pin device. User code can be copied as is.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks Georg, I will follow this procedure (very carefully).

Is there likely to be a Beta release of DAVE with the automatic method before mid August ?

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes