Pspice model problems

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm trying to simulate the IKW40N120H3 IGBT using Capture/PSpice 16.5, and I get the following error message

ERROR(ORPSIM-15108): Subcircuit L4XXXB_Lh3 used by X_Z1.XDIO is undefinedd

I've add the IFX_N120H3.lib into the simulation profile as a global library.

I'm not sure where the problem can be.

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution
forix
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Dear Guz21,

thank you for your thread. May be there is a typo in L4XXXB_Lh3. Please check and replace string "L4XXXB_Lh3" by string "L4XXXB_L2h3" (line 81 in file IFX_N120H3.lib).

If this does not solve the problem (spice model of IKW40N120H3 IGBT) we suggest to go to your tool partner. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
forix
Employee
Employee
Dear Guz21,

thank you for your thread. May be there is a typo in L4XXXB_Lh3. Please check and replace string "L4XXXB_Lh3" by string "L4XXXB_L2h3" (line 81 in file IFX_N120H3.lib).

If this does not solve the problem (spice model of IKW40N120H3 IGBT) we suggest to go to your tool partner. Thank you.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks Bernd,

I stopped getting that error, replacing the line worked, but now I'm getting another error with the same model.

I'm getting this error now:
INTERNAL ERROR -- Overflow in device X_Z1.XDIO.GV1, Convert

I've checked the ground paths and I've made sure that everything is grounded and has a zero reference, but I'm still getting that error.

After changing line 21 from the library file now line 81 looks like this:
Line 81: XDIO katl anol L4XXXB_L2h3 PARAMS: TJ = {TJ} A=0.05638 N_ideal = 1.0
this is where the XDIO variable is defined, I'm quite new to pspice so I'm not able to see anything wrong with that line of code

Thanks, David
0 Likes
User270
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored
Hi Guz21,
I checked with Pspice Student (cadence) and corrected the problem with the lib file.
The only thing I have changed was the following (It was already proposed above) and it worked pretty well.
[old line 81] XDIO katl anol L4XXXB_Lh3 PARAMS: TJ = {TJ} A=0.05638 N_ideal = 1.0
[new line 81] XDIO katl anol L4XXXB_L2h3 PARAMS: TJ = {TJ} A=0.05638 N_ideal = 1.0

Do you have new findings?
0 Likes
forix
Employee
Employee
Thanks to forix for confirmation. Such an overflow error can also be caused by simulaton porfile exceeding a model parameter.
0 Likes