Empty DAP miniWiggler Pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Recently we discovered that the DAP miniWiggler doesn't operate if the empty pins are connected to ground. I always thought they are not connected. Obviously that's not true.

Disconnected conductive material is an ESD disaster waiting to happen. Especially in EMI intensive environments. Grounding them is good sense, so this is rather unfortunate, because we have to keep the pins 5, 14-16 disconnected they'll act as unwanted capacitors when not connected to the wiggler.

For now we have amended this by cutting the lines in the wiggler cable. Is there a solution that doesn't look and feel like a hack?
0 Likes
2 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Hi,
pin 14 is connected pin and is driven by the miniWiggler. This pin is used on older devices which haven an OCDS enable signal.
Only pins 5, 15 and 16 are not connected, if you don't have made any changes on the miniWiggler itself.

Regards
0 Likes
Not applicable
Does that mean it's safe to connect pins 5, 15 and 16 to GND?

That still leaves me with pin 14 as unconnected conductive material. Can I connect it to GND over a 47k resistor without disturbing wiggler operation?

We haven't messed with the wiggler itself, just making custom cables.
0 Likes