Mapping pins to applications

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Many apps do not provide valid pin assignments in the manual pin assignment window.
For example I am attempting the following pin mappings, and cannot get them to work unless a specific instance of the app is selected.
For example if a I2C001 app using pins 2.4 and 2.5 is desired I2C001/0 does not provide the pin mappings, but I2C001 does.
Below are my following desired pin mappings.

2.4 / 2.5 for I2C002, works on /1 not /0
3.3 / 3.4 for UART001, have not found a working combination
1.4 / 1.5 for UART001, works on /0 not /1
2.6, 5.0, 5.1 for SPI001 in half duplex, have not found working combination.

This issue can also be applied the CCU8 and CCU4 based apps.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Not applicable
Hello,

maybe this has to do with the ressource mapping. The pin always belong to a certain resource, meaning USIC channel.

Maybe you try to do a manual ressource assignment, where each app gets the channel that provides the pins you want to use. Then you run the solver and try a manual pin assignment.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Not applicable
For the XMC4504-F100x512 stepping code AA target only USIC0 and USIC1 are available in the manual resource manager for communication apps
Why USIC2 not an option?
0 Likes
Not applicable
The desired resource mapping mentioned is available for USIC0 and USIC1.
However, when solving the project after mapping resources and pins for a communication app an error is generated.
0 Likes
Not applicable
As for USIC2, read the second post here: http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/392-SPI001-problem?highlight=USIC2

There a several other threads about this topic.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you for the response.
Is there an easy way to migrate a project from AA stepping to AB stepping?
My project has more than 20 Apps, and takes 12 hours to create.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I had this same issue - started building with the AA apps. There have been a lot of fixes to apps. I understand that USIC2 is a hardware issue with AA, but we are getting AB silicon through distribution. I found quickly that Dave will not let you mix old and new versions of an app. Makes sense as they can only generate one set of configs. So, delete/replace the serial apps is the way to go. You don't have to start from scratch and build your whole applicaiton over.

I loaded the new apps.. (Search for danbeadle in user name for guidance). Then I deleted the USICs I had already included. (I created a new workspace and copied my old app into it.. Then I opened two copies of Dave - one iwth the old workspace and one with the new). Then I added back the new apps and configured them. I was able to use all six channels in my project.

So, you should be able to just delete a max of 4 apps and add back the new ones. Not too painful.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I am using the latest version of all the applications with the AA stepping.
The restriction looks to be is enforced through the target selection.
Are you using the term "copy" app as in copy and paste or create a new app and manually attributes from one workspace to another.
0 Likes