Can't create new DaveCE project in Dave4.4.2 and Dave 4.3.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15614
Level 1
Level 1
I cannot create a new project after i import some of my project, maybe i somehow changed my Dave Settings, but i don't know how to get it back to normal.
AS YOU CAN SEE in thepicture, i just can't go to the next step (click not response). I encounter this problem recently in Dave 4.4.2 and Dave4.3.2 , any kind suggestions?
0 Likes
3 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Most probably is an issue with missing device descriptions in your Library Store.
Please check that in Help>Preferences, DAVE>Library Manager, the Library Store path is correct. The folder pointed by the path should contains the folders DeviceFeatures and resources.
Additionally you can create a new workspace, bear in mind that old workspaces created with DAVE4.3.2 are not compatible with DAVE4.4.2
Once you have a new workspace open, check that in Help>Preferences, DAVE>Library Manager>Library Update Sites, you have listed http://dave.infineon.com/Libraries/DAVE_Libs/XMC_IFX/v4.4/daveSite.xml which points to the latest version of APPs, device pack and device descriptions.
Now try Help>Check for DAVE APPs Update.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User17893
Level 1
Level 1
I had the same problem after renaming my DAVE installation folder. After renaming it back to its old name, everything was fine again.
0 Likes
User17916
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks, jferreira, for the solution to my problem.

I recently installed DAVE on a new laptop and copied the Workspace folder from the old one, and I could no longer create new projects.

The path to the Library Store needed correcting since it was different from before.
0 Likes