Position2GO - Serial Output

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17630
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
3684.attach
Sample UI

I want to built a custom UI for the demo board POSITION2GO. The interface will be like a military radar. I want to fetch the demo board output from serial port and plot those in my custom Radar user interface.
Can anybody please help me how to decode the serial output of the position2go board to get the angle and distance of the object.
Thank you.
Regards
0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Please save the CMakeLists.txt file under the folder:
\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_C_Interface

Build and run the C ComLib Interface example code for Position2Go Demo board. Once executed, the program will print ADC sample values.

Best Regards,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
User17566
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted First reply posted
You should be able to use the ComLib API interface provided by Infineon to get target data. For the ComLib C interface, methods for this can be found in EndpointTargetDetection.h.
0 Likes
User17630
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
agallenSMX wrote:
You should be able to use the ComLib API interface provided by Infineon to get target data. For the ComLib C interface, methods for this can be found in EndpointTargetDetection.h.

I need some details on this . cant run the c files
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received
Hi,

Please refer to the 24GHz_Radar_Tools_and_Development_Environment_User_Manual
section 4.3 C radar system interface, which gives you more insight on how to use the provided ComLib_C_Interface for Position2Go.

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User17566
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted First reply posted
You will need to compile and link the ComLib C interface correctly. I can provide details on that if you aren't sure how.

Unless it has been fixed since v1.0.0, you will encounter compiler errors. It appears several files were renamed, but their corresponding #include within the interface were not updated. Some macros may also be undefined. Solve these and the interface should work.

Additionally, the extract_raw_data.c is not a good example program. It does not extract the entire buffer, only the first 64 points (I think, can't remember). The buffer is of length (num chirps) * (pts per chirp) * (num antennas) * (data format). For default settings, this should be 16*64*2*2 = 4096. The user manual describes how the data is formatted within the buffer.
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Please save the CMakeLists.txt file under the folder:
\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_C_Interface

Build and run the C ComLib Interface example code for Position2Go Demo board. Once executed, the program will print ADC sample values.

Best Regards,
Montassar.

0 Likes