Thread: Position2GO - Serial Output

Position2GO - Serial Output

Click image for larger version

Name:	RadarUI3.png
Views:	2
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	4078
    Sample UI

I want to built a custom UI for the demo board POSITION2GO. The interface will be like a military radar. I want to fetch the demo board output from serial port and plot those in my custom Radar user interface.
    Can anybody please help me how to decode the serial output of the position2go board to get the angle and distance of the object.
    Thank you.
    Regards

Beginner Beginner agallenSMX is on a distinguished road
    You should be able to use the ComLib API interface provided by Infineon to get target data. For the ComLib C interface, methods for this can be found in EndpointTargetDetection.h.

Quote Originally Posted by agallenSMX View Post
    You should be able to use the ComLib API interface provided by Infineon to get target data. For the ComLib C interface, methods for this can be found in EndpointTargetDetection.h.
    I need some details on this . cant run the c files

Intermediate Intermediate
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    tinymanta is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

Please refer to the 24GHz_Radar_Tools_and_Development_Environment_User _Manual
    section 4.3 C radar system interface, which gives you more insight on how to use the provided ComLib_C_Interface for Position2Go.

Best Regards,
    Montassar.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Beginner Beginner agallenSMX is on a distinguished road
    You will need to compile and link the ComLib C interface correctly. I can provide details on that if you aren't sure how.

Unless it has been fixed since v1.0.0, you will encounter compiler errors. It appears several files were renamed, but their corresponding #include within the interface were not updated. Some macros may also be undefined. Solve these and the interface should work.

Additionally, the extract_raw_data.c is not a good example program. It does not extract the entire buffer, only the first 64 points (I think, can't remember). The buffer is of length (num chirps) * (pts per chirp) * (num antennas) * (data format). For default settings, this should be 16*64*2*2 = 4096. The user manual describes how the data is formatted within the buffer.
    Last edited by agallenSMX; Aug 28th, 2019 at 05:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread