[Position2Go Kit] Unable to flash using XMC Flasher

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17566
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted First reply posted
I connected the Position2Go development board via USB to my computer from the debugging side of the board.
Following the very brief flashing guide, I selected the XMC4700-2048 device with a debug clock speed of 100 kHz.
I select the Radar_P2G_FW.hex binary file that is provided in the Position2Go hardware/software kit.
Clicking on connect appears to work properly.

Program fails on error. Log shows "WARNING-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.view.RootLayoutOverviewController-handleProgramEnd: com.infineon.XMCFlasher.DebuggerExceptions: Could not write target memory."

Verify fails on error. Log shows "WARNING-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.view.RootLayoutOverviewController$7-handle: com.infineon.XMCFlasher.DebuggerExceptions: Error while getting core running state."

Erase fails on error. Log shows "WARNING-com.infineon.XMCFlasher.view.RootLayoutOverviewController-handleEraseEnd: com.infineon.XMCFlasher.DebuggerExceptions: Failure during erase. "

Dump Flash works successfully.

Any suggestions to fix these errors?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins
Hello,

In order to help you coming out with a fix to the issue you encountered, please provide the following details:

- XMC Flasher tool version ?
- Position2Go board HW version ?
- Did you tried to connect both USB cables to the board ? If yes, any behavior change ?

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User17566
Level 2
Level 2
Hi,

XMC Flasher version 1.1.1.201905161342
Position2Go HW version 1.2
Connecting the USB to the other port does not work at all. The flasher gives me a pop-up error "Please first connect an emulator!".
Unless you mean connect to both sides at the same time, in which case, no I have not tried that. The device only came with one cable, however I do have extras that would work.
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins
Hi,

If you have more debug probes (more XMC LINK) that are connected in your PC through more USB interfaces you will get this pop-up message window.
This information indicates that you need to select the correct one XMC LINK for communication. Here Emulator means that Debug Probe (XMC LINK).
In this case you need to select the correct Emulator (XMC LINK) to connect with board.

Please try to connect 2 x USB cables in both board sides, and let me know about your findings.
Otherwise, can you share a screen-capture of the XMC Flasher window once connected to the board?

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User17566
Level 2
Level 2
Hi,

The XMC Flasher worked with USB cables connected to both sides of the board. This should be made much more obvious in the documentation considering the board only ships with one cable.

Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
User19352
Level 1
Level 1
Hi there,

XMC Flasher version 1.1.1.201905161342
Position2Go HW version 1.2
I get this error when I try to connect to XMC4700-2048, "Please first connect an emulator!".
I have both usb ports connected, any idea what else I could be doing wrong here? Do I need to install XMC serial drivers ?
0 Likes