[Distance2Go Kit] Duty Cycle problem

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14964
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted
Hi Everybody,

I am studying methods to measure people's heart rate. It is mentioned in the document that duty cycle is set to 16%. Can anyone explain it? and is it related to hardware? The Radar GUI have 2 options: enable or disable. Can anyone give me suggestions about this (customize the duty cycle in firmware?)

Pic 1: Requirement
3664.attach

Pic 2: Radar GUI options
3665.attach
0 Likes
5 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received
Hi,

Please refer to the Position2Go Software User Manual Section 4.4 Power Saving.
to have enough insight on the duty-cycle feature. Otherwise, duty-cycle mode can be also enabled/disabled through the DUTY_CYCLE_ENABLE defined under the configuration’s project file config.h.

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User14964
Level 1
Level 1
Hi tinymanta,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the late response.
I think there was my error about identifying the problem and asking questions.
After doing some experiment with oscillator i have got some information i need. I want to ask you how to change the waiting time between chirps. Simple, the time of 1 chirp is 1ms and I want my device to wait 5ms until the next playback. Where can I handle that problem?
0 Likes
User14964
Level 1
Level 1
i try to change some values(example: frame_period_ms) i think it relationship to my problem. But the min value of it is 100ms. How i can break it and change to 5ms?. May be it can affect on algo, but i only need the ADC
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received
Hi,

To deal only with ADC raw data, please use the D2G_FW Dave project, allowing Raw data acquisition based on Doppler and/ or FMCW modulation (configurable).
In order to change the frame_period_ms, please refer to the config.h file of your project (line42), where the FRAME_PERIOD_ms define (time period of one frame to capture data) is user configurable.

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User14964
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Montassar,

Thank you for your support. I corrected the signal according to the conditions and got the ADC that I wanted. I will try it with D2G_FW too.

Best Regards,
H.Minh.
0 Likes