FATFS problem that APP configuration parameters are ignored

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User9076
Level 1
Level 1
I would like to read a text file with the help of the FATFS APP and the command f_gets. But after using the command I got a compiler error that there is a “undefined reference to `f_gets'”. Problem is, that commands like f_gets are only available if FF_USE_STRFUNC in file “ffconf.h” is at least 1.

#define FF_USE_STRFUNC	0
/* This option switches string functions, f_gets(), f_putc(), f_puts() and f_printf().
/
/ 0: Disable string functions.
/ 1: Enable without LF-CRLF conversion.
/ 2: Enable with LF-CRLF conversion. */

In advanced setting of FATFS-APP it is possible to select “Enable w/o LF -> CRLF conversation”. If I change this setting and generate code no change is done in file “ffconf.h” and I still get the error.
Manuell changing the value of FF_USE_STRFUNC to 1 or 2 enables the function f_gets and everything is fine until next time generating code in DAVE.

Generation code only changes “#define FATFS_STRFUNC” in file “fatfs_conf.h” but this define is nothing else uses in the hole project. Some other options that are available in APP configuration are also ignored.
Has anybody an idea how to enable this option permanent so that it is save also by generation new code?

Infineon please update code generation process for FATFS-APP.

Thanks
M.Schneiders
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Which version of the FATFS APP are you using?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User9076
Level 1
Level 1
Now I'm using 4.0.24...and it is workking now.

Thanks
0 Likes