.elf and

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14049
Level 3
Level 3
HI,

Thanks in advance

What is difference between .elf and .hex and which should be uploaded in controller for first time
0 Likes
6 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Hi,
a .hex file contains only the values for different memories and will be used for programming of the device (e.g. via Memtool).
A .elf file contains, additional to the memory informations, debug and symbol informations which are very helpful for debugging in a debugger.
0 Likes
User14049
Level 3
Level 3
I am .elf files into controller but after power cycle, controller do't retain their code. Do I have to flash .hex file into it.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Is your code targeting RAM (0x50000000-0x700FFFFF), or flash (starting with 0x8 or 0xA)? If it's running from RAM, that would explain why the AURIX doesn't retain it through a power cycle 😉
0 Likes
User14049
Level 3
Level 3
Hi

Can you help me how to resolve this problem. I am using lauterbach to flash code.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Hi KDN.

Where is your application - in PFLASH, or in RAM? When you say the controller doesn't retain its code, what address are you looking at to know it's gone?

Do you have boot mode headers set up, so the AURIX firmware knows where to start your application?
0 Likes
User14049
Level 3
Level 3
UC_wrangler wrote:
Is your code targeting RAM (0x50000000-0x700FFFFF), or flash (starting with 0x8 or 0xA)? If it's running from RAM, that would explain why the AURIX doesn't retain it through a power cycle 😉

Yes flash (starting with 0x8 or 0xA)
0 Likes