User defined phy at app ETH_LWIP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Infineon,

at app ETH_LWIP of XMC4500, I need support for phy KSZ8081MNX (uses MII-Mode). As far as I see, I only have to create the file xmc_eth_phy_user_defined.c. Is this correct please?

A second question:
at app ETH_LWIP, when I select as PHY KSZ8081RNB, why is it possible to select as interface MII? This chip has no MII interface, only RMII.

Best Regards
Wolfgang
0 Likes
4 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Yes this is correct you need to place a file in your project which implements the interface described in xmc_eth_phy.h.
Regarding the second question, at the moment there is no logic in the APP constraining the MDIO interface depending on the selected PHY.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Jesus,

thanks for your answer. I stored the user defined file to dir Dave/Generated/ETH_LWIP, where the other phy files are located.
Dave compiles without error, but each "Generate Code" deletes the file. Dave should backup the file before "Generate Code" and then restore it.

Best Regards
Wolfgang
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

You should not modify manually the contents of DAVE folder, as you already experienced it is regenerated every time user click in the Code Generation button.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Jesus,

thanks for your answer.
But where should the user defined file (selectied in the app mask) containing the specs for the phy be stored? Dave expects this file at the same location where the Dave generated phy files are stored, that is at:
Dave/Generated/ETH_LWIP/

Or am I wrong?

Best Regards
Wolfgang
0 Likes