infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Setting up Protection register set for memory protection in TC297

Beginner Beginner autosarian is on a distinguished road

Setting up Protection register set for memory protection in TC297

Hi,

I am working on TC297x controller with multicore autosar os configuration.
    I am trying to setup memory proection but im facing issue when i try to enable SYSCON.PROTEN bit.

In the architecture manual they mentioned that before setting SYSCON.PROTEN bit make sure that
    "Protection register set is initialized".
    How do i initialize protection register set.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Autosarian.

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    MoD is on a distinguished road
    Hi,
    you must initialize the register with a mtcr instruction, also SYSCON. More information about memory protection (register description) you can find in the architecture manual part 1 chapter 9.
    Please note that the SYSCON register is safety endinit protected. You must make sure that the safety endinit bit is not set when you will write to SYSCON.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hello MoD,

Thanks for the response.

I have used mtrc instruction to set the SYSCON register and also i made sure that safety endinit bit is not set while setting up SYSCON.
    But still i was getting protection trap.

On further debugging i came to know that the current protection register set (PRS0) has to be initialized i.e,
    setting up of code, data access range for the current protection register set (PRS0) is necessary.
    After setting up the PRS0, SYSCON is successfully updated.

But then I'm getting new issue which is undef instruction access.

Regards,
    Rajesh.

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    MoD is on a distinguished road
    What you mean with undef instruction access? If the debugger shows undef as assembly code then maybe the debugger don't know the instruction.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hello MoD,

You are right, the debugger couldnt understand the instruction and the issue was resolved.

Regards,
    Autosarian

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.