XMC1100 Sleep mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Fawad
Employee
Employee
Hello!

I want to take periodic readings from an analogue angle sensor using the XMC1100. In order to minimize power I need to put the XMC1100 to sleep mode and then wake it up for some measurements with the angle sensor and then put it to sleep again.

I am able to bring down the power consumption by gating off the peripherals that I do no need. I then use the deep sleep function and execute the command WFI();
With this, the XMC goes to sleep, however I am unable to wake it up. What is the simplest way to wake up the XMC? A little code example would be very helpful in this regard. As far as I understand, it is not possible to wake up the XMC using some digital pin for an external interrupt (like a toggle button which can wake it up when pressed).

Any help would be appreciated 🙂
0 Likes
1 Reply
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Any interrupt will wake your device, i.e. periodic interrupt or external pin interrupt.
Check the XMCLib distribution examples, i.e. XMCLib\examples\XMC1400_series\SCU\SCU_WAKEUP

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes