Erase/Write protection of PFLASH region

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17079
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I use TC277 controller.

1. How can I enable protection of a PFLASH region against erasure / write?
2. Does infineon have an example of how this should be done?

Any other reference to topics related to this would be helpful.

Many Thanks!
Sivakumar M.
0 Likes
3 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
In the user's manual you can review the User Configuration Block options.

User Configuration Block “UCB”: A “UCB” is a specific logical sector. It is part of a DF_UCB sub-sector of bank DF0. It contains the protection settings and other data configured by the user.

For PFlash protection this is controlled by the UCB_PFlash. Within this UCB you have the option to protect the PFlash by each sector. The PROCONPp register indicates the values that you need to write to the UCB.

Warning: Incorrect programming of the UCB can cause the device to be permanently locked. Perhaps you can use the Memtool to to learn more on how have the correctly formatted data for the UCB (including the password, confirmation code and copies)
0 Likes
User17079
Level 1
Level 1
Hi cwunder,

Is there a way to program the UCB_PFlash from an application software? For example, an application software that would enable protection by programming the UCB?
0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
Is there a way to program the UCB_PFlash from an application software?

Yes, the application can program a UCB. However for these UCB's this doesn't make sense to me. You would enable the protects in your end-of-line with a password writing the UCB's. Then in the field when you need to perform an update you can temporarily supply the password to the FSI.

Note, if you really want to program the UCB with your application I would suggest to start with a DFlash sector instead of the UCB. This would allow you to make sure everything is working correctly with the write/erase operations.
0 Likes