Vadc fifo

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15898
Level 1
Level 1
I have one of the ADC groups configured to control an external Multiplexer, the multiplexer is connected to channel 0 and I have a FIFO setup on 8 of the registers.
I have configured the FIFO as described in the VADC application note, with an interrupt being generated on the tail of the FIFO. This interrupt is being called every time a new result enters the tail of the FIFO as expected, however I don't want to have to generate an interrupt every time one of the multiplexers channels are converted, I would like for the FIFO to be filled with all 8 results and then an interrupt generated on the last result, i can then store those 8 values else were, clear the FIFO and wait for the next conversion.

Is it possible to configure / use it in this way?

Im using a XMC4500.
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

It is not possible according to note in the reference manual: "Note: If enabled, a result interrupt is generated for each data word in the FIFO."
If you would use a queue conversion request source you could add to the queue the same channel 8 times, using 8 consecutives result registers and only trigger the service request on the last one.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User15898
Level 1
Level 1
Ok thanks, have managed to achieve what i want to do with the scan conversion by generating a scan source event and reading the FIFO during this. Will have a look at using the queue request source and see which suits my application best.
0 Likes