Porting Open-Source-Software-Stack for TPM 2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17178
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

an article on the Infineon website announced that there is an Open-Source-Software Stack for the development of TPM 2.0 based embedded systems available on github.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/de/about-infineon/press/market-news/2018/INFCCS201808-075.html

The article also describes, that there will be a version of the stack for Arduino based microcontrollers. Do you know when this version will be published?

My second question is whether it is also possible to port the stack on a MSP430 based microcontroller?

Regards

Jan
0 Likes
1 Reply
User17267
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Jan,

I guess the date of publishing depends on the requests. So if you really need this reference it might be better to directly contact Technical Support.

I expect you to be aware of the instruction on tpm2-software/tpm2-tss and the RPI3 Application Note on Optiga TPM product page.
At the bottom fill the "Submit a request to the Technical Assistance Center" form.

As far as I know, the Intel TSS is designed with constraint devices in mind but mainly focused on Linux. The TSS by definition requires, but not includes a TPM device driver.
If you intend to use the TSS bare metal with a single TPM chip you can drop the tabrm module (TPM Access Broker & Resource Manager) but you still need a device driver for your platform.

I am not sure if you need the full stack, how much effort it would be to port it to 16-bit platform and what you expect from the TPM to solve.
Maybe you are willing to share your type of assets and use-case?

Best regards
0 Likes