Can JTAG read TC277 emulation device memory?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17092
Level 1
Level 1
I find there is (JTAG *) on Tool interface of 7x ED table on https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-tricore-microcontroller/32-bit-tricor... .

Is there anything special about JTAG on TC277 ED chip? Does that mean that there is no full JTAG accessing function on TC277 ED chip?

I tried to read memory space of TC277 emulation device but got timing out error through DAS miniwiggler. Except emulation device ram space, all there memory can be accessed by DAS through Miniwiggler.
0 Likes
3 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
First you must unlock the EMEM (see EMEM documentation). After this you must initialize the memory (e.g write 0 to all locations), because also the EMEM is ECC protected and after power on there is no valid ECC information for the EMEM available and this result in an error when you read without initialization.
0 Likes
User17092
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks very much for your reply! Can you point me EMEM documentation you mentioned? I checked TC277 user guide and Target Specification but did not find anything about unlock EMEM sequence.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Check the user manual of TC29xB, there is a EMEM chapter.
0 Likes