hardware nested interrupts handling

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16898
Level 4
Level 4
hi,
I have a hardware interruption in which another hardware interruption is nested. Actually only the first interruption works properly nested one is not handled.

TriCore™ V1.6 Core Architecture user manual says that,
there are interruptions groups, in the interrupt vector table,
that set the maximum available (in scope of the group) priority to the first interruption occurrence
so no other interrupt will occur before current one is finished.
By default there is one group in whole PiPN range (0-255), so first interrupt is set with priority 255 and block all others.

User manual says it's possible
to create custom groups of interruptions but i couldn't find any reference to it.

how can I create such groups ?

tricore user manual(chapter 5.6.2, page 71) :
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/tc1_6__architecture_vol1.pdf?fileId=db3a3043372d5cc801373b0f374d5d67
0 Likes
2 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
The nested one is not handled because the interrupts are disabled when the device jumps in the interrupt vector table. If you will allow nested Interrupts then your interrupt service routine must be enable the interrupts via intrinsic function __enable(). Please note that in this case only interrupts with higher priority than the actual interrupt can nested the actual interrupt.
0 Likes
User16898
Level 4
Level 4
that works thank you
0 Likes