infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CAN Bus communication with xmc4300

New Member New Member hike96 is on a distinguished road

CAN Bus communication with xmc4300

Dear all,

I am very new to microcontroller programming. What I want to do is to enable CAN Bus communication on the xmc 4300:

I have a flow measurement device which has a digital output . With a Serial cable with a Standard female D-Sub conncetor, I connected the device to the CAN Transceiver of the xmc4300.

Now my question is: How can I actually receive the Messages of the flow measurement device?

According to the guide of the measurement device, the data Transmission runs without any request from the host System and the Interface has to be initialized to the following Parameters:

- Baud rate 38400 Baud
    - Bits 8 data bits
    - Start bit 1
    - Stop bit 1
    - Parity no
    - No Hardware (CTS/RTS) or Software (Xon/Xoff) handshake

Also, according to the guide, the digital Interface transmits every 100ms the following ASCII data string:

ee_ss_aaa_p.pp_fffffff_mmmmmmm_ssssssss_tttttt_<CR ><LF>,

where the different Bytes have meanings like error Messages, Status Information and flow Information (which is what I am particulary intersted in).

How can I implement this using DAVE (and probably the CAN app?)? Where can I find the message sent by the measuring device?
    In the examples offered by Infineon, I could only find implementations where they used two CAN apps communicating with each other. However, in my case, I should only need one CAN bus app, because my second node should be my flow measuring device?

I am sorry if the questions are very stupid, I guess I simply have not properly understood how the CAN bus works yet..

Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you !

New Member New Member TimFlynn is on a distinguished road
    What your sensor reports looks like UART data not CAN data.
    I don't think CAN app is helpful here.

+ Reply to Thread