BGT24LTR11 maching structures

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15867
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First reply posted First question asked
What's the BGT24LTR11N16's output impedance on TX and RX ports? It does not specify numerical value anywhere in datasheets, only specify matching structure in AN472. However, that matching structure only works with 0.250 mm board thickness (10 mil). How do I match this IC to 20 mil thick board?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi unnabi,

Here below the OUTPUT impedance of the TX and the RX port:

3577.attach

The matching should be evaluated with an RF simulator.
Way of matching for the TX (24GHz) transformation can be done with a MS taper and a quarter wavelength transformation, or via a MS taper and a 50 Ohm line + distributed GND cap (done in AN472)

Cheers,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi unnabi,

Here below the OUTPUT impedance of the TX and the RX port:

3577.attach

The matching should be evaluated with an RF simulator.
Way of matching for the TX (24GHz) transformation can be done with a MS taper and a quarter wavelength transformation, or via a MS taper and a 50 Ohm line + distributed GND cap (done in AN472)

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes
User14352
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked
Dear Montassar:

According to the matching structure for the TX and RX port in AN472 Fig13, I made a simulation with ADS. For the TX port, the ADS schematic is:

3620.attach

The TX port-impedance calculated with zin is about 116 + j0 ohm, and RX is about 112+j34.5, which are quite different with the values in your post.

What is the problem with my ADS model?

Thanks,
Jhon
0 Likes