1ED020I12FTA- Gate Driver Parameter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16761
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Hi.
I have following queries regarding 1ED020I12FTA IGBT driver.
1.What is the maximum and minimum frequency of operation?
2.Which Zener diode is preferred for use in application circuit?

Kindly request someone to answer the above questions

Thanks and regards
0 Likes
1 Solution
User16761
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Thank you,I will keep in mind to ask follow up questions if any in the same thread .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
User16761
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
can someone please also tell me what is TPDD in figure 7.9?
0 Likes
Emanuel
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored First solution authored
Hi Abhijeet.patnaik,

In the future, could you continue posting in the same topic if you have follow-up questions about the same device. As it will be easier to follow the conversation, also for others.

Regarding the questions:
-The minimum frequency is DC.
-The theoretical maximum frequency is given by the input filter and propagation delay. Non the less. This is just a theoretical capability, as other parameters will influence this. You will be limited in frequency by the gate driver power dissipation and junction temperature (due to charging and discharging the gate capacitance of your IGBT and by the Ttlset time. Please have a look at chapter 4.7 in the datasheet, table 5-5, table 5-9 and chapter 7 to better understand this limitations.

The DESAT Diode should be chosen accordingly to MOSFET/IGBT Drain-Source/Collector-Emitter absolute maximum ratings, and should be able to block that voltage. It should have a low stray capacitance and low recovery current (in order to minimize noise coupling and switching delays).
As it seems you are new to gate drivers and eager to learn more, I would recommend you to have a look at some of our reference boards to get a starting idea of how to do such a DESAT protection.

the time TPDD is not relevant and this is the reason why it is not specified. Just for your reference, it was a short transient on the VCC2 pin, with the voltage going under UVLO, which the gate driver could tolerate without triggering the UVLO protection.
Infineon does not allow/recomend for voltages under UVLO for current gate drivers, as the device could behave unexpectedly, and such transients can easily be avoided through good decoupling.
0 Likes
User16761
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Thank you,I will keep in mind to ask follow up questions if any in the same thread .
0 Likes