[SOLVED] TLE9879QXA40 software reset or WDT reset problem

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15783
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All,
I trigger the sotware reset or WDT reset when running, the system working abnormally. But when debugging, it is right. How to solve this problem?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hi jacko,
you have to service the WDT accordingly.

bool WDT1_Service(void)
{
bool bResult;
bResult = false;
/* check if Window Counter is beyond 70% of WDT1 period *
* or if a SOW service has been done before */

if ((WD_Counter > (uint32)SCUPM_WDT1_TRIGGER) || (bSOWactive == true))
{
/* service WDT1 */
SCUPM->WDT1_TRIG.reg = (uint8) SCUPM_WDT1_TRIG;
/* reset window counter */
WD_Counter = 0u;
/* reset "short open window" active flag */
bSOWactive = false;

bResult = true;
}
return (bResult);
}

Best regards
0 Likes
User15783
Level 1
Level 1
Lykaon wrote:
Hi jacko,
you have to service the WDT accordingly.

Best regards

Hi Lykaon,
I should use the software reset after some operation, but after excuted the instruction, the system work abnormally.
Best regards!
0 Likes
User16373
Level 1
Level 1
Hello;
I want to configure both the internal and external watchdog timer:
I configured the external watchdog timer to 16 msec and refresh it , and it's working OK

but when i configured the internal watchdog beside the external watchdog and configured it to work on 16 msec also, and refresh/not refresh the ECU will not reset
But when i use it alone without External Refresh/not refresh cause the ECU to reset and indepeneded than the time i configured

could you please let me know how i configure both (Internal and external) to work together and how/when can i refresh the internal
is their any required scenario be taken into consideration to refresh the internal watchdog
0 Likes
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hi Ambitious,
in debug mode, the WDT is default suspended and stops counting. Are you aware of this fact?
For me it looks like there is a miss-configuration. I will try to write a small example.
Best regards
0 Likes
User15783
Level 1
Level 1
Lykaon wrote:
Hi Ambitious,
in debug mode, the WDT is default suspended and stops counting. Are you aware of this fact?
For me it looks like there is a miss-configuration. I will try to write a small example.
Best regards

Hi Lykaon,
I should use the software reset after some flash-operations, but after excuted the soft-reset instruction, the system work abnormally.
Best regards!
0 Likes
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hi jacko,
please be aware that the software reset is a specific reset type. So the "startup" behavior is different compared to an power on reset. For further support you can contact https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/company/contacts/product-support-form/?redirId=56193
Best regards
0 Likes