[SOLVED] TLE9879QXA40 software reset or WDT reset problem

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15783
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All,
I trigger the sotware reset or WDT reset when running, the system working abnormally. But when debugging, it is right. How to solve this problem?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hi jacko,
you have to service the WDT accordingly.

bool WDT1_Service(void)
{
bool bResult;
bResult = false;
/* check if Window Counter is beyond 70% of WDT1 period *
* or if a SOW service has been done before */

if ((WD_Counter > (uint32)SCUPM_WDT1_TRIGGER) || (bSOWactive == true))
{
/* service WDT1 */
SCUPM->WDT1_TRIG.reg = (uint8) SCUPM_WDT1_TRIG;
/* reset window counter */
WD_Counter = 0u;
/* reset "short open window" active flag */
bSOWactive = false;

bResult = true;
}
return (bResult);
}

Best regards
0 Likes
User15783
Level 1
Level 1
Lykaon wrote:
Hi jacko,
you have to service the WDT accordingly.

Best regards

Hi Lykaon,
I should use the software reset after some operation, but after excuted the instruction, the system work abnormally.
Best regards!
0 Likes
User16373
Level 1
Level 1
Hello;
I want to configure both the internal and external watchdog timer:
I configured the external watchdog timer to 16 msec and refresh it , and it's working OK

but when i configured the internal watchdog beside the external watchdog and configured it to work on 16 msec also, and refresh/not refresh the ECU will not reset
But when i use it alone without External Refresh/not refresh cause the ECU to reset and indepeneded than the time i configured

could you please let me know how i configure both (Internal and external) to work together and how/when can i refresh the internal
is their any required scenario be taken into consideration to refresh the internal watchdog
0 Likes
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
Hi Ambitious,
in debug mode, the WDT is default suspended and stops counting. Are you aware of this fact?
For me it looks like there is a miss-configuration. I will try to write a small example.
Best regards
0 Likes
User15783
Level 1
Level 1
Lykaon wrote:
Hi Ambitious,
in debug mode, the WDT is default suspended and stops counting. Are you aware of this fact?
For me it looks like there is a miss-configuration. I will try to write a small example.
Best regards

Hi Lykaon,
I should use the software reset after some flash-operations, but after excuted the soft-reset instruction, the system work abnormally.
Best regards!
0 Likes
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
Hi jacko,
please be aware that the software reset is a specific reset type. So the "startup" behavior is different compared to an power on reset. For further support you can contact https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/company/contacts/product-support-form/?redirId=56193
Best regards
0 Likes