DAVE Synchronized Conversions using ADC_MEASUREMENT_ADV allows wrong pins?!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rofi_1671381
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome! First question asked
when using the ADC_MEASUREMENT_ADV (v4.0.14) on XMC4500, the solver allows you to select slave pins that are not on the same channel as the master. The reference manual, it states "Synchronized conversions request the same channel number". We are using 4 sync groups, and groups B and C are not aligned with the manual, since DAVE allowed selecting other pins from channels different from the master. As luck (good or bad) has it, we are currently just using group A, which is correct, but we are starting to use the other groups. Is DAVE wrong for allowing this, or is it smarter than the Reference manual. We used DAVE to help allocate all the I/O on this board and now I'm afraid that we are going to have issues...

thanks
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

If the same channel is not used, then alias feature needs to be used: the APP is configuring it for you.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User15886
Level 1
Level 1
thanks - that is what I must of been seeing - it had me confused! Now I have all the sync groups working correctly.
0 Likes