Debug Port Secured Error in Trace32 window for TC38x controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11926
Level 1
Level 1
Hello All,

I am getting Debug Port Secured Error while i was trying to flash TC38x Controller.

I tried to rewrite BMHD with valid data but still didn't worked.

If any knows how to unlock the 38x controller please support me.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Sunil
0 Likes
9 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Check ESR0, if ESR0 is always low then the device is damaged and can't be recovered. Otherwise when ESR0 is high then the device is in the Generic BSL and you should connect the device via the BSL to correct the BMHD. On the TriBoards is the ESR0 connected to the red LED which is on if ESR0 is low.
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
@Venkat: Did you solve it?. I use TC38x and i still have the issue. My BMHD is correct.
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
@MoD: Why the Cpu in generic BSL if there is BMHD?. As i understand Generic BSL oly for virgin ECU (No BMHD) but after flashing BMHD, it is only possible to access the cpu using bSL if HWCFG configuration is enabled.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
CPU will go to Generic BSL if no valid BMHD found. In case the that Debugger return Debug Port Secured Error and ESR0 is always high then it is possible the device is in Generic BSL and wait for data via ASC or CAN. How you checked your programmed BMHD? You readback the complete UCB to be sure that the BMHD / UCB is correct?
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
Flashed UCB is reviewed by infineon and it is already used in another project using the same variant.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
There can be occur a problem during programming of UCB and the UCB in the device is invalid.
0 Likes
User20138
Level 1
Level 1
I am using TC233 aurix controller and I am getting same error (debug port secured). Is there any way to resolve in TC2xx series?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
What is the state of ESR0? If the ESR0 is stable high and the device can't be accessed then the device is in Generic BSL and can recovered.
Otherwise if ESR0 is always low there exist a problem with programming (e.g. UCB erased accidently). In this case the device can't be recovered.
If ERS0 goes after power on reset two times to high for a while and then stay always on low you have a problem with the watchdogs in the user software and a wrong BMHD. Dependent of the programmed BHMD setting the device can be recovered.
0 Likes
lxlswzq
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

Hi, if the ESR0 is high and device in  BSL , how can we make it recovered ?

0 Likes