Include file problems on ‹Simple Main Project› in DAVE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16663
Level 1
Level 1
Dear Forum,

unfortunately i ran into problems compiling a really basic Project. I did try to let an LED blink on an XMC4500. Therefore I created a ‹New DAVE Project› and chose ‹Simple Main Project›.
From the generated main.c xmc_common.h is included. Somehow system_XMC4500.c is magically included also and this file tries to include which does fail during building.
This is not that a problem since i managed to find a file with the same name and was able to change the include statement to "../Libraries/CMSIS/Infineon/XMC4500_series/Include/XMC4500.h".

But now in this XMC4500.h there fails a statement trying to include "core_cm4.h". Unfortunately i am not able to find any file on my system which matches this name.

What am i doing wrong? Is there anything i forgot to install/set up?

Thanks in advance
Poor Noob
0 Likes
5 Replies
User15886
Level 1
Level 1
I did what you did and it compiles OK. take a look at your project and make sure it has all the includes at the right path. Attached is a picture of my project window.3489.attach
You might have to uninstall and reinstall if you don't have those include paths.
0 Likes
User16663
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

now i found the file i missed. It was there but the IDE didn’t find it via pressing the F3 button. And i could not find it because i am unfamiliar with this windows and powershell seems not to include find. Sorry.

I managed to alter some failing include statements by adding relative path to the filename. But i'm stuck at xmc_scu.h including xmc_common.h. I tried several variants but neither works.

I don’t know what messed with the include search path. Is there a way to set/fix this in the project settings? A short look at it didn’t reveal any flaws obvious to me. I don’t think that it is meant to be fixed in every single include statement throughout the compilers internal settings. A lot of the files whose path i could fix were found by the IDE but the compiler refused to use it without specifying a path.

3491.attach

By the way, is it supposed correct behaviour to tell ›Build Finished‹ at the bottom line when the build failed because of an fatal error. This fatal error has to be searched for throughout the output. And the error line turns red only if you click at it.

Thanks in advance
Puzzled Noob
0 Likes
User16663
Level 1
Level 1
If you choose to keep the default location during the creation of the project, this error doesn’t occur. But if you choose a different location, for instance your company’s project drive mounted via SMB, you will be bitten by the nasty bug.

So the simple solution would be to use Dave for recreational projects only and switch to another IDE for professional projects.
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

We cannot reproduce your issue. Could you provide more details? Could you post a snapshot for the project creation dialog?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User16663
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Jesus,

for shooting the screen i created a new project which did not fail on my system too. Then i figured out, that the two projects i set up before posting this thread followed the convention of including the project number after it’s name. So i set up a fourth project including a hash and it fails again.

So the bottom line is: The include search path is broken, if the project location path includes any hash.

Greetings
Enlightened Noob
0 Likes