[SOLVED] TLE9844-2QX: MON5 status bit doesn't report correct value except when debug

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15529
Level 1
Level 1
I'm developing an application for a TLE9844-2QX microcontroller and I've configured it so that a rising edge on MON5 will trigger the contents of the EEPROM to be cleared.

However, I'm trying to change this logic so that the interrupt handler monitors and ensures that MON5 stays high for a few seconds after the interrupt to prevent the EEPROM being cleared in response to a spike on the input.

I've configured MON5 in pull-down configuration, so it's low when no signal is applied and goes high when one is. While debugging my application, the MON behaves fine - the status bit accurately correlates to the presence/absence of a signal on the input at all times.

However, when running the application outside of a debug session, I'm unable to trigger the EEPROM reset logic; either no interrupt is being triggered, or else the interrupt is triggered but the MON5 status bit is being read as low (causing the interrupt service routine to abort).

I've had previous problems with MONs for this microcontroller (see this thread). I've tried configuring MON5 as a wake-up source but that doesn't seem to change anything.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hi davidfcannock,
if your program works in debugger mode but not in normal mode, you should double check if your WatchDog(WD) is triggered correct.
I hope I got your question .... 🙂
Best regards
0 Likes