Distance2Go Querying Target Info to External Microcontroller

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16522
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First question asked
Hello there,

I want to export the detected target information(the distances of the detected object) to some external microcontroller(arduino).
I see that by default the UART pin of the Distance2Go board doesn't send anything.I had already asked to the technical support about how to send the
detected object data to other devices via UART, and they said that it is possible to do that but i need to implement my own UART code to the board.

I have already read some of the documentation in the ComLib_C_Interface documentation that are inside the distance2go folder.It seems that the range/distance data are able to be queried from the
EndPointTarget detection library(EndpointTargetDetection.h) on the Target_Info_t Struct.

Is there any example how to do data query on the board?I really dont have any clue to implement the function, thanks before.

Best Regard,

Eka
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi Eka,

The Distance2Go firmware is implementing a CommLib interface based on a USB CDC serial (Device side). To help user communicate with the Distance2Go via CommLib USB interface, we offer the CommLib_C based Host side example (you're referring to).

You can use the EndpointTargetDetection./.hc from the CommLib Host side, to get the range info (radius) from the Radar Device, part of the Target_Info_t structure. You need just to port the ComLib_C_Interface C project running on PC (as a Host) to an MCU-based project and fetch the range information from the Radar device.

Cheers,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi Eka,

The Distance2Go firmware is implementing a CommLib interface based on a USB CDC serial (Device side). To help user communicate with the Distance2Go via CommLib USB interface, we offer the CommLib_C based Host side example (you're referring to).

You can use the EndpointTargetDetection./.hc from the CommLib Host side, to get the range info (radius) from the Radar Device, part of the Target_Info_t structure. You need just to port the ComLib_C_Interface C project running on PC (as a Host) to an MCU-based project and fetch the range information from the Radar device.

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes