Connecting to IMC101T-T038 via IMOTION-LINK Debug Probe

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16184
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted
Hello, I am trying to connect to the IMC101T-T038 on my custom board using the IMOTION-LINK debug probe and am getting an error that says "MCEDesigner cannot connect to target device!" My computer recognizes the debug probe as COM5. Here is what I've done so far to try and solve the problem.
- Change Connection (under Preferences) to Connect using COM5.
- Verified continuity between debug probe connector and chip pin
- Verified correct pinout of connector on custom board. It is the same pinout as what's shown in Figure 2 in the Imotion User manual
- Tested with another board to verify that its not an assembly problem or that the chip is damaged
- Ensured chip is getting 3.3V power at pins 10 and 26 with respect to pins 9 and 25.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
0 Likes
9 Replies
User13282
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hello electronwrangler, Instead of uploading the schematic and pinout to other url please upload your images here. Allowed filetypes are jpg, jpeg, png, gif. Thanks.
0 Likes
User16184
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted
Below is my schematic. I purchased the EVAL-M1-101T to see if it was my hardware that was the problem. It turns out I can't connect to the Eval board with the IMOTION-LINK debug probe either. But when I use the Eval board's onboard debugger, I can connect to the board without issue. From this, we can conclude that upload process and hardware is correct and that the issue is with the IMOTION-LINK debugger.

Any insight into what this might be would be greatly appreciated. If Infineon could release the schematic for the onboard debugger EVAL-M1-101T, that would make things much easier. With that, I could figure out if there are any discrepancies in the hardware design.

3401.attach
0 Likes
User17968
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted
Hi electronwrangler,
Did you find a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem.

regards,
Jure
0 Likes
User17471
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted
I have the same problem with iMotion Link. As a result, I re-soldered the EVAL-M 1-101T board and use it as a programmer for my boards.
0 Likes
User17968
Level 1
Level 1
Jap, did the same thing, nothing else seemed to work. It’s just stupid, we spend 100 € on IMOTION-LINK debugger just to find out its useless.
0 Likes
User17471
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted
I wrote several requests to the support service, but no one answered me why iMotion Link is not working. Has anyone been able to make it work?
0 Likes
User17686
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome! First reply posted
electronwrangler wrote:
Hello, I am trying to connect to the IMC101T-T038 on my custom board using the IMOTION-LINK debug probe and am getting an error that says "MCEDesigner cannot connect to target device!" My computer recognizes the debug probe as COM5. Here is what I've done so far to try and solve the problem.
- Change Connection (under Preferences) to Connect using COM5.
- Verified continuity between debug probe connector and chip pin
- Verified correct pinout of connector on custom board. It is the same pinout as what's shown in Figure 2 in the Imotion User manual
- Tested with another board to verify that its not an assembly problem or that the chip is damaged
- Ensured chip is getting 3.3V power at pins 10 and 26 with respect to pins 9 and 25.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

call me i can guide you 9686835006
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
SOLUTION

Hi all,
This issue that has now been fixed in revision v1.1 of IMOTION-LINK. All devices shipped past June 2019 have resolved this issue. You can tell the version of your IMOTION-LINK by looking at the barcode sticker on the tool. If you have v1.0 and would like to fix it yourself, you will need to open the IMOTION-LINK device and remove a resistor on the PCB board.

This resistor is labeled as R1. I have included an image of the PCB with location of R1 highlighted in blue:
3977.attach
0 Likes
User17968
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks for the update Casey. It works!
0 Likes