Banner_DigitalMotorController Banner_IMM100_Series Banner_IMC100Series Banner_IRMCSeries Banner_iMotionApplicationKit

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread
    New Member New Member electronwrangler is on a distinguished road

Connecting to IMC101T-T038 via IMOTION-LINK Debug Probe

Hello, I am trying to connect to the IMC101T-T038 on my custom board using the IMOTION-LINK debug probe and am getting an error that says "MCEDesigner cannot connect to target device!" My computer recognizes the debug probe as COM5. Here is what I've done so far to try and solve the problem.
    - Change Connection (under Preferences) to Connect using COM5.
    - Verified continuity between debug probe connector and chip pin
    - Verified correct pinout of connector on custom board. It is the same pinout as what's shown in Figure 2 in the Imotion User manual
    - Tested with another board to verify that its not an assembly problem or that the chip is damaged
    - Ensured chip is getting 3.3V power at pins 10 and 26 with respect to pins 9 and 25.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by electronwrangler; Jan 29th, 2019 at 12:51 PM.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    berbra is on a distinguished road
    Hello electronwrangler, Instead of uploading the schematic and pinout to other url please upload your images here. Allowed filetypes are jpg, jpeg, png, gif. Thanks.

New Member New Member electronwrangler is on a distinguished road

Elmo Schematic

Below is my schematic. I purchased the EVAL-M1-101T to see if it was my hardware that was the problem. It turns out I can't connect to the Eval board with the IMOTION-LINK debug probe either. But when I use the Eval board's onboard debugger, I can connect to the board without issue. From this, we can conclude that upload process and hardware is correct and that the issue is with the IMOTION-LINK debugger.

Any insight into what this might be would be greatly appreciated. If Infineon could release the schematic for the onboard debugger EVAL-M1-101T, that would make things much easier. With that, I could figure out if there are any discrepancies in the hardware design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elmo_Schematic.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	3771

Beginner Beginner jure.novak is on a distinguished road
    Hi electronwrangler,
    Did you find a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem.

regards,
    Jure

Beginner Beginner AntonK is on a distinguished road
    I have the same problem with iMotion Link. As a result, I re-soldered the EVAL-M 1-101T board and use it as a programmer for my boards.

Beginner Beginner jure.novak is on a distinguished road
    Jap, did the same thing, nothing else seemed to work. It’s just stupid, we spend 100 € on IMOTION-LINK debugger just to find out its useless.

Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.