Ethernet Demo for TC234

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16330
Level 2
Level 2
Hi everyone,
Am trying to run the demo code of Ethernet on TC234 with the help of Aurix Free tricore entry toolchain. For this I have downloaded the latest version of Infineon Demo code, ehich is of version 9. and basic software framework of version "SWFramework_3v1r0_p1".

The problem which am facing is that after debugging the code in UDE the programme is getting stuck in "debugging memory" i.e. "asm ::: memory" part, it's not printing the output as shown in PDF of migrating the software.
The UDE is stuck in this function of IfxCpu_IntrinsicsGnuc.h the code is

/** \defgroup IfxLld_Cpu_Intrinsics_Gnucsingle_assembly Insert Single Assembly Instruction
The next table provides an overview of the intrinsic functions that you can use to insert a single assembly
instruction.You can also use inline assembly but these intrinsics provide a shorthand for frequently used
assembly instructions.
* \ingroup IfxLld_Cpu_Intrinsics_Gnuc
* \{
*/

/** Insert DEBUG instruction
*/
IFX_INLINE void Ifx__debug(void)
{
__asm__ volatile ("debug" : : : "memory");
} [\CODE]

There are some changes which I have done for the programm to build the "elf" file in CMD, the changes are done in port mapping of "ethdemo.c"

void EthDemo_init(void)
{
/* configure Ethermac */
{
const IfxEth_RmiiPins pins = {
&IfxEth_CRSDVA_P11_11_IN,
&IfxEth_REFCLK_P11_12_IN,
&IfxEth_RXD0A_P11_10_IN,
&IfxEth_RXD1A_P11_9_IN,
&IfxEth_MDC_P21_2_OUT,
&IfxEth_MDIO_P21_3_INOUT,

&IfxEth_TXD0_P11_3_OUT,
&IfxEth_TXD1_P11_2_OUT,
&IfxEth_TXEN_P11_6_OUT
};

The code in BOLD are my changes.
0 Likes
3 Replies
User18720
Level 1
Level 1
vivekrsingh20 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Am trying to run the demo code of Ethernet on TC234 with the help of Aurix Free tricore entry toolchain. For this I have downloaded the latest version of Infineon Demo code, ehich is of version 9. and basic software framework of version "SWFramework_3v1r0_p1".

The problem which am facing is that after debugging the code in UDE the programme is getting stuck in "debugging memory" i.e. "asm ::: memory" part, it's not printing the output as shown in PDF of migrating the software.
The UDE is stuck in this function of IfxCpu_IntrinsicsGnuc.h the code is

/** \defgroup IfxLld_Cpu_Intrinsics_Gnucsingle_assembly Insert Single Assembly Instruction
The next table provides an overview of the intrinsic functions that you can use to insert a single assembly
instruction.You can also use inline assembly but these intrinsics provide a shorthand for frequently used
assembly instructions.
* \ingroup IfxLld_Cpu_Intrinsics_Gnuc
* \{
*/

/** Insert DEBUG instruction
*/
IFX_INLINE void Ifx__debug(void)
{
__asm__ volatile ("debug" : : : "memory");
} [\CODE]

There are some changes which I have done for the programm to build the "elf" file in CMD, the changes are done in port mapping of "ethdemo.c"

void EthDemo_init(void)
{
/* configure Ethermac */
{
const IfxEth_RmiiPins pins = {
&IfxEth_CRSDVA_P11_11_IN,
&IfxEth_REFCLK_P11_12_IN,
&IfxEth_RXD0A_P11_10_IN,
&IfxEth_RXD1A_P11_9_IN,
&IfxEth_MDC_P21_2_OUT,
&IfxEth_MDIO_P21_3_INOUT,

&IfxEth_TXD0_P11_3_OUT,
&IfxEth_TXD1_P11_2_OUT,
&IfxEth_TXEN_P11_6_OUT
};

The code in BOLD are my changes.

Hi, did you solve this problem? I encountered exactly the same problem。
0 Likes
User21797
Level 2
Level 2
10 likes given First comment on blog First solution authored
Hi there, I have the exact same problem when running the MultiCAN demo. Whenever IfxMultican_MsgObj_clearRxPending() or IfxMultican_MsgObj_readMessage() is called the debugger jump to Ifx__debug(). Really appreciated if any one can provide some direction. At least what will trigger debugger to jump to Ifx__debug()?
0 Likes
User21797
Level 2
Level 2
10 likes given First comment on blog First solution authored
Sorry neverminded I mixed something up, now it work

Still really interested what will cause debugger to jump to Ifx__debug(), much appreciated to any anwser
0 Likes