XMC1300 unable to connect to microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15869
Level 1
Level 1
I've been using the XMC and have been able to connect and debug successfully with the XMC1300 bootkit. However, when I try to connect to a XMC1300 microcontroller, the connection fails. I've checked the board connections multiple times and also I'm fairly certain that this is not an issue with DAVE, since I am only testing the JLINK connection. Below are pictures to explain my issue:

Bootkit connection working:
3367.attach

Microcontroller connection not working
3368.attach

Is there any explanation as to why it's not working? Anything I could try? I've checked the connections multiple times and they are definitely right.

Thanks and Regards,
Adi
0 Likes
1 Reply
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

The XMC1300 out of the fab is in UART BSL mode. You will need to change the BMI so that the debug interface, SWD0 or SWD1 (depending on the pins you are using), is enabled.
You can check the current BMI by using the Jlink commander command getbmi. If in UART BSL you should get a 0.
You can change the BMI using the JLink Commander command setbmi. The command without any parameter will display all options that are accepted.

J-Link>setbmi
Syntax: SetBMI
Valid values for :
0 ASC Bootstrap Load Mode (ASC_BSL)
1 User Mode (Productive)
2 User Mode (Debug) SWD0
3 User Mode (Debug) SWD1
4 User Mode (Debug) SPD0
5 User Mode (Debug) SPD1
6 User Mode (HAR) SWD0
7 User Mode (HAR) SWD1
8 User Mode (HAR) SPD0