infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BLDC motor control with Eval-M1-099M and Eval-M1-05F804

Beginner Beginner JensM is on a distinguished road

BLDC motor control with Eval-M1-099M and Eval-M1-05F804

Hi there,

I am currently testing the Eval-M1-099M together with Eval-M1-05F804.
    After installing latest software from MADK website, I was doing the configuration for my BLDC-motor within the Tiny Wizard.
    Inside MCE, I was loading the EVAL-M1-099M.irc and my motor configuration as well.

Since my motor is made for small applications only, I need to meet following restrictions:

Max Voltage: 14 volts
    Max Current: 8 Amps

Thus, I have removed some resistors from the Eval-M1-05F804 board and added one bridge as it was described by the documentation because of the lower voltage supply at J4 (< 20 volts).

Within the MCE I tried to start the motor, but nothing happens.

Is there any way to test the boards without having actually a motor connected? Just to check the PWMs generated by the Eval-M1-099M board?

Thank you.

Regards,

Jens

Intermediate Intermediate forix is on a distinguished road
    You wrote: ...because of the lower voltage supply at J4 (< 20 volts)..

Figure 14 on page 20 of the user manual is showing the circuitry you mentioned. In case you remove R32 and R39 (R35 = bridge -> 0Ohm) you will have to provide an external VCC of <20V at TP23 or TP28 as the J4 supply path is disconnected.

Hi forix,

thanks for help. The motor seem to be starting somehow, but just for one second.... I was measuring the output signals, which went to zero after short time.
    The same effect appeared, when I monitored those signals without the motor was actually connected. It seems to be a security mechanism inside the EVAL board.
    It would be nice to test just the output signals (U,V,W). How can can I do that? Is there a basic setup available?

Thanks.

Hi forix again,

I have checked the fault flags in MCE Designer. Both are at 8 decimal. Do you know where I can look for the fault list?

Thank you.

Hi there,

I have found the fault list. I also found a missing wire in figure 14 of the user manual. The motor is spinning for just one turn right now.
    It seems that the pulse signals becomes bad somehow. For now I feed the system with the same source at VCC and DCP. Maybe I should
    separate it...

Thanks

Hi again,

the motor starts operating like expected, but after 3 revolutions LED 2 at EVAL-M1-099M starts blinking and the motor stops.
    Since I have put all the measured parameters into the wizard, everything should work well.....

Thanks

Hi again,

for now I have solved my problems.
    The BLDC motor is spinning all the time :-)

Greetings

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.