BLDC motor control with Eval-M1-099M and Eval-M1-05F804

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked
Hi there,

I am currently testing the Eval-M1-099M together with Eval-M1-05F804.
After installing latest software from MADK website, I was doing the configuration for my BLDC-motor within the Tiny Wizard.
Inside MCE, I was loading the EVAL-M1-099M.irc and my motor configuration as well.

Since my motor is made for small applications only, I need to meet following restrictions:

Max Voltage: 14 volts
Max Current: 8 Amps

Thus, I have removed some resistors from the Eval-M1-05F804 board and added one bridge as it was described by the documentation because of the lower voltage supply at J4 (< 20 volts).

Within the MCE I tried to start the motor, but nothing happens.

Is there any way to test the boards without having actually a motor connected? Just to check the PWMs generated by the Eval-M1-099M board?

Thank you.

Regards,

Jens
0 Likes
6 Replies
User270
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored
You wrote: ...because of the lower voltage supply at J4 (< 20 volts)..

Figure 14 on page 20 of the user manual is showing the circuitry you mentioned. In case you remove R32 and R39 (R35 = bridge -> 0Ohm) you will have to provide an external VCC of <20V at TP23 or TP28 as the J4 supply path is disconnected.
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
Hi forix,

thanks for help. The motor seem to be starting somehow, but just for one second.... I was measuring the output signals, which went to zero after short time.
The same effect appeared, when I monitored those signals without the motor was actually connected. It seems to be a security mechanism inside the EVAL board.
It would be nice to test just the output signals (U,V,W). How can can I do that? Is there a basic setup available?

Thanks.
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
Hi forix again,

I have checked the fault flags in MCE Designer. Both are at 8 decimal. Do you know where I can look for the fault list?

Thank you.
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
Hi there,

I have found the fault list. I also found a missing wire in figure 14 of the user manual. The motor is spinning for just one turn right now.
It seems that the pulse signals becomes bad somehow. For now I feed the system with the same source at VCC and DCP. Maybe I should
separate it...

Thanks
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
Hi again,

the motor starts operating like expected, but after 3 revolutions LED 2 at EVAL-M1-099M starts blinking and the motor stops.
Since I have put all the measured parameters into the wizard, everything should work well.....

Thanks
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
Hi again,

for now I have solved my problems.
The BLDC motor is spinning all the time 🙂

Greetings
0 Likes