Flashing device via memtool

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16082
Level 1
Level 1
We are using TASKING toolset for development, till now we were flashing TriCore devices (uploading program to device flash memory), using tool integrated into TASKING Eclipse IDE, and ELF file, it was working fine. The problem we have is flash device using Infineon's memtool, during building process in TASKING Eclipse IDE, we are producing Intel's HEX file, then we are trying to upload this file onto device flash via memtool, but our program is not executed. We are using several devices, for example AURIX TC222, in this specific device we have pullups on P10.5 (HWCFG4) and P10.6 (HWCFG5), on P14.3 (HWCFG3) we have pulldown. So as I understand the program should be executed from internal flash. Do anybody have any advice what we should additionaly check? Our HEX file looks pretty fine, program is flashed to device correctly, we are able to successfully verify flash.
0 Likes
7 Replies
User16082
Level 1
Level 1
Okay I've found answer by myself here: https://www.infineonforums.com/archive/index.php/t-2021.html? My problem was lack of Boot Mode Header
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi , 

even i am also getting  the same problem to flash a device via memtool on TC212. can you share your solution how did you solve it. 

0 Likes
User17838
Level 1
Level 1
hello,

Would you tell me how did you generate .hex file ?

Thank you.

Best regards,
0 Likes
User16082
Level 1
Level 1
It depends on which toolset you are using, Im using TASKING and here to generate hex follow https://www.tasking.com/support/tricore/tc_user_guide_v4.0.pdf cheapter 14.2. Intel Hex Record Format
0 Likes
User17838
Level 1
Level 1
Actually I am using only the TASKING compiler with Eclipse Rt-druid v3 ... and I faced many problem generating the hex file in the makefile of Erika
I used this command with HIGHTEC Compiler and everything is done successfully But not with TASKING Compiler.

Could you please help me

Thank you
0 Likes
User17838
Level 1
Level 1
Any help please !
0 Likes
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received