XMC4500 Relax Kit - Not running without debugging when ETH_LWIP APP is used

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User16218
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted
Hi,

I have a problem running ETH_LWIP with XMC4500 Relax Kit.

I followed the example project (basic ping without RTOS) provided in the usage section of the APP Help document of ETH_LWIP APP.
Of course, some changes in pin allocation were applied.

When I started debugging, it worked as expected. (The Relax Kit was ping-able at the specified IP address.)
But after stopping debugging, neither re-applying power nor pressing reset button could make it work again.

To find out whether the system is still running or not, I added LED toggling every second using SYSTIMER.
The LED was blinking and the kit was also ping-able when there is a live debug session.
However, the LED was not blinking without a live debug session, indicating that the system is not in operation.
When the ETH_LWIP APP was removed, the LED blinked with or without debugging.
So I suspect there must be something keeping the process from going further when the debug session is not running, especially when ETH_LWIP APP is used.

Could you please provide me an advice to solve this issue?
Thanks in advance.

My DAVE is the latest version (4.4.2) and all APPs are up-to-date.
Please find the attached DAVE CE project I have created.
0 Likes
4 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

I have checked your application. It does not contain the latest ETH_LWIP APP v4.1.12. When the project is upgraded to the latest version the issue is solved.
Please ensure that your workspace preferences contains the correct library update site as below
3358.attach

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User16218
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you, Jesus.

I even couldn't think the possibility of the APP being out-of-date because just checking library update did not return any message to me.
Updating the APP solved the problem.
0 Likes
User16250
Level 1
Level 1
Hi compc4,

1. Where did you find the pin allocation map?
I mean, I know that green button looks like IC icon, and I know how to change it. I just did not know what pin should i use in XMC4500 Relax Kit and soldered ethernet port.

2. I am having trouble uploading (flashing my program to the microcontroller?),
I tried LED Test by using P1.1 and P1.0 and it works,
but when i tried to compile and flash example project (xmc4500_relaxkit_lwip_httpserver_netconn),
I got error message like attached below

I am really new to this arm programming, my experience is limited to arduino programming,
if you could lead me to read some basic tutorials or books, i would highly appreciate it.

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
symbol-file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SEGGER\\JLink_V640\\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe"
Error message from debugger back end:
`C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V640\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe': can't read symbols: File format not recognized. ,Failed to execute MI command:
load "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SEGGER\\JLink_V640\\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V640\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe" is not an object file: File format not recognized
symbol-file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SEGGER\\JLink_V640\\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe"
`C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V640\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe': can't read symbols: File format not recognized.
`C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V640\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe': can't read symbols: File format not recognized.
load "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SEGGER\\JLink_V640\\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V640\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe" is not an object file: File format not recognized
0 Likes
User16218
Level 1
Level 1
Hi xqdzn,

1. You can find pin connections from the schematics of the XMC4500 Relax Kit.
(Download a zip file from 'Board' section of the page: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/kit_xmc45_relax_v1/)
Specifically, the connection shown in the schematics is as follows: (find signals starting with 'ETH_')
3364.attach
So the pin allocation settings in DAVE should be:
3365.attach

2. Sorry but I have no experience with an error message like that.
0 Likes