Debugging DAVE 4 application with ULINK Pro

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
How can I use the Keil ULINK pro to debug an application from DAVE 4?
I cannot find a way to configure the dubbuger to work with the ULINK pro, I can only find Jlink.

The board I am using only has the 20 Pin ULINK connector, so I cannot connect a JLink debugger.

A very horrible way would be to export the Dave project to the Keil IDE, but then with every change it would need to be exported again.
The other much bigger problem is that the free version of the Keil MDK IDE only supports code uptp 32k. I do not want to buy a Keil licence just to be able to debug a DAVE project.
0 Likes
4 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

There is no eclipse plugin supporting Keil ULINK pro in DAVE4.
There are options from Segger that supports the 20 pin ARM debugger connector.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
This is a great disapointment. I find the ULINK pro one of the best debuggers.
I will try to conect the Jlink via an adapter to the board.

What I really miss is the possibility to redirect the printf to the ITM and show output in a debug window. I have seen several threads in this forum about this, but non have worked for me so far. What do I need to do to get a printf displayed in the DAVE 4 debugger?
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

You can use as reference the example attached.
In your debugger configuration enable SWO and switch the console to Semihosting and SWV.
3361.attach
3362.attach

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
Thanks Jesus,

The debugger settings together with the redirect functions works.

Regards
Adrian

P.S. The notification via email does not seem to be working. I set the subscription settings of this thread to "Instantly, using email", but did not receive an email.
0 Likes