BTN8982TA High Current

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16155
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
Hello!

I was wondering if has anyone with some experience in high current projects using BTN8982TA.

At my company we are developing a platform elevator, which we have to control a 500w, 24V DC motor. This platform, in max load, can draw 30Amps.
Until yesterday we were experiencing some sucess in BTN board, but, during the test cycles in our client, one of the BTN blow up and also our controller board. The controller board was damaged because of the IS pin of the BTN, it somehow was in 24V and my controller board couldn't manage this high voltage.
We are looking for the problem, but no sucess until now, and I've researched through the internet to see if someone has a similar experience with BTN8982. Because of this I decided to create this forum, to see if somene maybe infineon itself has any advice in high power projects using BTN8982.
0 Likes
1 Reply
StevenWang
Employee
Employee
Hello,
I'm Steven, one AE in Infineon China. For your BTN8982 question, actually it's designed by 12V application. Therefore, BTN8982 will be limited in Max 28V short circuit protection regarding to VS voltage.
For the power level, we really see 400W blower application has touched the limitation of BTN8982. For power higher than 400V, please consider pre-driver + MOSFET solution such as Infineon ePower solution. FYI.
0 Likes