Memtool does not connect with XE166

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16150
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I am trying to connect Memtool 4.7 with a XE166 to program it with a new Software.
I do receive always the same error message from memtool:

"Message from component 'IMTMemtool' :
Can't connect to Target

Message from component 'MiniMonTargIntf' :
Failed to create connection failed report !

Can't connect target !

Bootstrap loader not responding !
Please check:
- Target power supply
- Communication cable
- Communication settings"

Targetdevice has power and the cable should not be a problem either because its used for other communications without any problem.
The Pin-settings on the board match the specification for connecting with ASC Bootstrap Loader as mentioned in Infineons manuals, the software settings of memtool should be ok, too, but i think they do not come in to play as the error happens before they are used:.

I have watched the data-transmission between PC and Device. Memtool sends a proper zero-byte with start- and ending-bit but the XE166 does not respond with the 0xD5. It´s responding with 0xC9 which might be a problem for memtool because it can´t verify it as correct code and does not have it as error-code either.
Maybe somebody can help and tell what this respond means or where I can find a list of error-respond-codes so I can look my error code up.

Oh, and of course I tried with different boards of the same kind. After the fifth board with the same beavhiour I am pretty sure it is no broken Hardware.

Thanks in Advance.

Edit:
Might be relevant: I tried new boards only
0 Likes
0 Replies