infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XMC4200 pin select tool doesn't affect ADC values read by Radar GUI (Distance2GO)

Beginner Beginner unnabi is on a distinguished road

XMC4200 pin select tool doesn't affect ADC values read by Radar GUI (Distance2GO)

Click image for larger version

Name:	dave.PNG
Views:	5
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	3690

I've changed IFI and IFQ to high gain going into ADC. However, when I load Radar GUI go into Time Domain ADC values, I still see old, low gain values. Is it because Radar GUI is hardcoded? Is it recommended to import data into Matlab and do FFT myself?

New Member New Member
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Michael Kiessling is on a distinguished road
    Hi unnabi,

Do you still have issue with this? or was you able to solve it? The RadarGUI is only showing the values that are sample from ADC PIN. But the sampling depends on the actual FW and the sampling trigger. The time domain view is NOT like a simple scope view.
    If you describe a bit more what kind of issues you see and what you like to archive, it might to be easier to help you.
    According your question to do FFT yourself, depends also on the task you want to archive.

I hope that helps
    Best Regards
    Michael

Beginner Beginner unnabi is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kiessling View Post
    Hi unnabi,

Do you still have issue with this? or was you able to solve it? The RadarGUI is only showing the values that are sample from ADC PIN. But the sampling depends on the actual FW and the sampling trigger. The time domain view is NOT like a simple scope view.
    If you describe a bit more what kind of issues you see and what you like to archive, it might to be easier to help you.
    According your question to do FFT yourself, depends also on the task you want to archive.

I hope that helps
    Best Regards
    Michael
    Infineon helped me with this problem. I changed pins as before, but instead of running debugger, I compiled a project and flashed a binary. Now, device reads correct pins and Radar GUI shows high gain values.
    Last edited by unnabi; Dec 12th, 2018 at 03:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.