infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Target Power Fail" - Message displayed on Lauterbach.

New Member New Member Anil Kumar is on a distinguished road

"Target Power Fail" - Message displayed on Lauterbach.

Hi,

Currently i was working on Aurix TC399, and facing a wierd situation after startup. I have done few changes in my software and then build it, then flashed and started debug session using the lautebach. Once i launched the session, approximately in 3-4 seconds( at this point my operating system scheduler is running) i could see the message "target power failure"
    and then if i again try to proceed then the message is changed to "target processor is in reset".
    can anyone please let me know what could be the reason for this kind of message.

And one more thing is lauterbach throws me the warning that i don't have the license to debug multi core system and your debug session is limited to 10 minutes and then terminates. this happens few times to me. Is this can be the reason causing above problem!!
    Seeking the points and inputs which could help me in solving the issue.
    thanks

--Anil Kumar. B

Advanced Advanced cwunder is on a distinguished road
    Generally the "target power failure" means the debugger (Trace32) cannot sense the voltage on the connector. This is used to read the voltage levels and thus can't communicate to the device. In your software update did you change anything that perhaps touches the power supply? The license issue just prevents you from having a session longer than the 10 minutes.

In My software update i was porting from TC397 to TC399.

Incase the debugger cannot sense the voltage on the connector, how could i flash the binary and then launch the debug session! can you please clarify.. in my software update im porting from TC397 to TC399.

Advanced Advanced cwunder is on a distinguished road
    I would recommend that you confirm that the voltage rails on your board are at the proper voltage ranges before trying to flash the device. If the voltage is not stable flash operations will not be successful.

Alternative functionality of the pin is used in different purpose, which leads to the mentioned error after launching the debug. Now i have corrected the configuration of that particular pin, which resolved the issue.
    thanks for your support.

--Anil Kumar. B

+ Reply to Thread