DAVE Apps for general tuning of HW modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User6412
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Infineon!

There are many Apps which helps us to achive some specific goals, but there is a leak of general Apps just to initialize the HW modules for future manual use.
As an exampel:

I want to use the POSIF interface for multi channel stand alone mode (to control some PWM outputs).
I found only this 3 Apps with POSIF:

- POSHL001: This App is targeted to find position and speed of the motor using Hall Sensors.
- POSIFH01: This App is targeted to find position and speed of the motor using 2 or 3 Hall Sensors.
- POSQE001: This App is targeted to find the speed and position of a motor with quadrature encoder.

so, at the first look there is no way to use the App in my case.
Why don't we get just the easy general App for the POSIF initialization purposes? And the same also for the all other HW modules?

Thanks
0 Likes
7 Replies
User5327
Level 4
Level 4
Hi all,
I must agree with Dmitry.
I must to say that Dave2 was in some cases better (for initialization peripherals)

Best Regards,
Koumak
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
DAVE version 3 was targeted to provide a flexible tool that goes beyond the initialization approach of DAVE version 2. The result is a SW component based concept that allows flexible application oriented abstraction of the HW. It is certainly correct that current available DAVE Apps (SW components) do not cover all application use cases. Therefore we are continuously developing new DAVE Apps and we are very grateful for good ideas. We also have on our roadmap the development of register initialization App. The target of these DAVE Apps is to consume the register set of a peripheral and provide a graphical abstraction of these registers to define their initialization, pretty much similar as in DAVE version 2.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Georg,

I was interested to read your response on this thread particularly with respect to the 'register initialisation app' being on the DAVE app development roadmap; I, along with many others, I suspect, would benefit greatly from such an app.

It is six months since your post, can you tell me if the development of such an app is progressing?

Regards,

Steve.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi All,

I agree that apps that provide a graphical interface to just initialize hardware modules would be useful, though I am achieving this in most cases by adding an app, using the config tabs but then writing my own functions instead of calling the inbuilt app functions.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi all,

Thank you very much for the strong interest. We have been speeding up the development process already. However, the public release date hasn't been set yet. Appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Sophia,

thanks for your reply.

Glad to hear it is being actively worked on. Please keep us updated with progress and let us know the release date as soon as you know it.

Regards,

Steve
0 Likes
Not applicable
Sophia,

I really hope to hear the good news for this upgrade for DAVE3 soon.

Thanks
0 Likes