2EDL05N06PF HO is no output.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16044
Level 1
Level 1
Hello everyone.

I am developing a bdc motor driver circuit.
I chosse 2EDL05N06PF parts.
Now i have a trouble,when use Signal generator test HO is normal,but use mcu pwm test HO is no output.
The details are as follows.
How can i to do next step? Thank you!

3317.attach
3318.attach
3319.attach
0 Likes
1 Solution
songjins
Employee
Employee
First question asked First reply posted First solution authored
As can be seen from your measurement, when the MCU is used as input, the VBS voltage is only 0.1V, which means the high side circuit do not get enough supply from the bootstrap capacitor. The bootstrap capacitor is charged when the low side is turned on, but in your case the LIN is connected with ground, so there will no chance to charge up the bootstrap capacitor, which eventually lead to no output at HO.
So, please be sure there is PWM input also for LIN.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
songjins
Employee
Employee
First question asked First reply posted First solution authored
As can be seen from your measurement, when the MCU is used as input, the VBS voltage is only 0.1V, which means the high side circuit do not get enough supply from the bootstrap capacitor. The bootstrap capacitor is charged when the low side is turned on, but in your case the LIN is connected with ground, so there will no chance to charge up the bootstrap capacitor, which eventually lead to no output at HO.
So, please be sure there is PWM input also for LIN.
0 Likes